Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Fly on the Wall

Liam & Zane are playing fusball in the Dusseau's basement during our ABF party.  Steve wanders down to check on the kids and overhears this...

Liam:  Zane, let's play fusball.

Zane: Okay.

Liam immediately sinks a goal.  (I am as surprised by this as you.)

Liam:  That's what you call experience.

Liam sinks another goal.

Liam:  That's called talent.

Zane:  I don't want to play anymore.

Liam:  That's called being a sore loser.


_____


Evie:  I want to be a great big giant when I grow up!

____


Evie went potty all by herself.

Evie:  Ma -om!  I DID it!

Me, running in:  Here I come, Evie!  Mommy to the rescue!!!

Evie:  Mom.  Stop it.  You not a supa he-wo.  You jus- a mom.

Me:  I can be a super hero if I want to!  I came to your rescue didn't I?

Evie:  No, Mom.  Only Dad can be a supa he-wo.  You jus- my mom.

____


Kate has been on a cleaning streak lately.  I must say I am enjoying it.

Kate:  Mom, I cleaned and organized and arranged my room so much there just isn't anything left to do!  I guess I'll go work on the playroom.

No, seriously... this really happened today.


____

Owen: Will I have my braces in heaven?

Me:  No!  You'll be able to walk and run without braces in heaven.

Owen:  But where will my braces be?

Me, because this is where he wants to put all things he never wants to see again:  In the trash!

Owen, tearing up:  But I'll miss them!

No comments:

Post a Comment